I have been working on getting a lot of petals ready. It has been slow going as I haven't perfected a way to get the points sharp. I'm frustrated with this as I want my blocks to be good ones.
I plan to have a bunch of blocks ready for our annual rafting trip on Spring Break. I have these 5 blocks finished.
I hope to have 21 blocks finished and 2 rows together by the middle of April.
I have added a few new fabrics for some more variety.
I'm loving this project. Sorry I am so slow.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Don't worry, you are not the slowest of them all!! It seems that would be me with only one block finished and a few pedals. But we'll get there in the end ;). Cheers
ReplyDeleteAnd you have me back in the caboose too. This might be a multi-year project :) I do so love your colors.
ReplyDeleteAs long as you are enjoying it!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks terrific so far!!!
Well done!
Kelliex
The more petals you make the better the points will be, when i was joining the rows i had to rip of 3 petals that where to bad and realy did not fit. But the others are fine, not perfect but who can tell?
ReplyDeleteLovely autumny colours ..... I have problems with my points too and if you look really close at some of my blocks you can see they are really wonky.
ReplyDeleteI like the background material you have used for your quilt and dont worry that you are a little behind because it`s not a race. It is better to go at your own pace and enjoy the experience.
ReplyDeleteNothing wrong with being slow on the blocks. It is like the story with the tortoise & the hare running the race. You are doing a very good job on your blocks.
ReplyDelete