Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I created it to share my love of quilting.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Deck Improvement Project

Oh, how I love to sit on the deck in the nice weather. I often eat every meal out there.

Just recently I noticed that my table's umbrella was looking a little shabby. The frame was fine, but the fabric cover had seen better days. I wondered if I might be able to sew a new cover if I took the old one off and used it for a pattern.

On my last trip to Joann Fabrics I checked out the outdoor canvas and it was 50% off. I was convinced by my additional 10 % off coupon. I bought the fabric!

Over the last two days, I removed the old cover.
I ripped the cover apart for a pattern. Then I measured, cut, sewed, spray painted, and Tah Da!

I just love it! We ate lunch today in its beautiful shade. 

Now, I have to finish the new shower curtain and window treatment for the bathroom!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn! Great idea and you made it really beautiful! Thank you for inspiration and enjoy your time under the new shadow! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! You are very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn,
    That is beautiful. You did a great job.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete