This quilt: ALL IN A DAY'S WORK was created by my quilting group, The Blockheads. We did it as an entry in Piece O'Cake Designs contest for one of their new books. I designed the layout to show the colors of daylight with the sun rays radiating around the garden.
Each Blockhead did the pattern on their block and returned it to me for piecing. It was quilted by Joann Farley.
The Blockheads are PJ Secrist, Toni Sharp, Charlene Arrowsmith, Karla Walisky, Nancy Dean, Barbara Odland, Peggy Orgill, Miki Bode, and myself, Lynn Koeppen. It was a fun collaboration!


Oh what a gorgeous spring garden! I can almost smell its fragrance!
ReplyDelete:)
Greetings from faraway Cyprus,
Valentina
Your quilt is beautiful!...so is Luc.
ReplyDeleteEsther
What lovely colors and nice applique.
ReplyDeletemargaret
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com
Lynn -- It's gorgeous!! How come I haven't seen it before?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty quilt!
ReplyDeleteWonderfully cheery quilt!
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful. I had to laugh when I saw your quilt group name--Blockheads. That was the name of my friendship group before everyone started moving.
ReplyDeleteGreat collaboration quilt! Thank you for sharing the story.
ReplyDelete; )
And thank you for leaving me a lovely comment.
Love Piece O Cake and this is a beautifully designed quilt! The colors are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty. Love the bright fabrics!
ReplyDeleteThe Blockheads, LOL! I love that name. This is a beautiful quilt. I love the rays of sunshine you incorporated and the arrangement of the blocks around the sun. Just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt and great name for a group.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt
ReplyDeleteOh how sweet your quilt is. I love piece of cake things. I have a couple of their books
ReplyDeletewhat a bright cheery and just plain fun quilt.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have a fun group.
Thanks for visiting my blog too.
This is a beautiful quilt!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful garden quilt! How I love the name "Blockheads"! Very clever. I had to pop over and see who remembered me from Pat Sloan's Spring Fling. I thought it might be you. I remember hearing you call in on one of her radio shows. It's fun to hear the voices of those that post to the group. :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat quilt, what a fun collaboration!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness this is lovely - I love Piece O' Cakes designs and you really did this one justice! Wonderful quilt!
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun whimsical quilt. Lovely design, fabrics, color. Excellent.
ReplyDeleteSewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
What a joyous quilt and it's so lovely to have worked with friends to create it. Love the name Blockheads.
ReplyDeleteLovely colors and so cheerful. I adore bee quilts. There are so many memories in them!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by earlier!
printanier ce quilt, superbe, félicitations
ReplyDeletei love flower quilts great job
ReplyDeleteWhat a delightfully happy quilt! I love the gradation from light to darker. And I love the name of your group -- too funny!
ReplyDeleteYour Quilt really makes me happy, wonderful colors!
ReplyDeleteit's so beautiful. :)
ReplyDeleteYour sashing gives a great movement with the swaying flowers.
Beautiful quilt!
ReplyDeletewhat a fantastic quilt. made more lovely by the group effort i think. vibrant and fun to look at
ReplyDeleteIt looks such a fun quilt. Great job.
ReplyDelete